Move to a foreign country

Publicado  Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thinking of the option about moving to a foreign country is something to study quietly. A lot of people move permanently to a foreign country and some other have this idea in mind because of many reasons. But, do they really now all the advantages and disadvantages?

First of all, talking about advantages, it must be taken to account the fact of living there and getting a job. Living in a foreign country can be funny and you can always remind it as an experience. It’s something new, different, and you can also make new friends. You can start a new live trying to change some customs you didn’t like or simply changing whatever you wanted to change. It’s a good opportunity to start over and an advantage of this is that nobody knows you. Secondly, about the fact of getting a job, an advantage can be that if in the country you come from there is another language, you have a plus for your curriculum that probably not all of the native people of the foreign country have. As well as that point, another advantage could be that you can have more experience in some things related to your hometown.

Moreover, speaking about disadvantages, I think there are also many factors to discuss. First, although you can have more experience in some ways, it’s not easy to enter in job. There are many people in the country that probably would be accepted before. Also, in terms of social life, although you establish new relations, it is difficult to make new friends. If you go with your family, it may not be so hard to do even though you leave many friends in your country, but if you go alone it can be really complicated.

Finally, my conclusion is that beside the advantages and disadvantages it may have, many of them have to do with the personality of each person. In an active and sociable person with spirit of doing things and that don’t get affected by the opinion of the others it will be easy. Also in people that want to experiment an adventure it would be easy I think. But people who really get affected by the opinion of others and are not very independent it will be harder. Personally, I think it would be a great experience but at the same time it would make me very hard and I think I would feel a bit alone sometimes. I think I would miss very much my hometown and everything that is in there. I would move to a foreign country if I could bring everything that is here with me.

0 comments: