Publicado  Sunday, January 23, 2011

To: Paul [paul45@hotmail.com]

From: Peter

Subject: Re: Hi


Hi Paul,

I was very happy to read your e-mail and I’m really sorry for not being here when you come. However, even if I can’t show you around, I can still give you many ideas of things to do and places to go to.

Firstly, there are many interesting places you have to visit. There’s this great theme park called Port Aventura, with fantastic attractions that I’m sure your whole family will enjoy. Also there’s a great science museum named Cosmo Caixa, which can be amusing to visit and where large families like yours get a cash discount. Finally, I strongly recommend you to visit all the Gaudi Art: the Sagrada Familia, the Casa Batlló and the Parc Guell. If you want to get more information about these places and about the public transports, you can check up this website: http://www.barcelonaturisme.com.

About the weather, this time of the year is usually not very cold, but the weather forecast says that the temperatures are going to descend during the following two weeks. For this reason, I suggest that you take thick coats just in case, because winter can be very humid in here.

As for the shopping, there’s a great place called La Maquinista. There you will find anything: from sports and entertaining stores to clothes and gift shops. However, I recommend you to go there first thing in the morning because at midday it can get really crowded.

And finally, regarding to restaurants, my suggestion is Plaza Cataluña. There you will find lots of good restaurants, yet you should avoid the Burger King because the queue is always so long that it can take you hours, and the food is nothing special.

I hope my information will be useful and I wish you to have a great time!

Best wishes,


Peter.

0 comments: