Danger in the rainforest

Publicado  Thursday, May 10, 2012

It was getting darker and darker as I was waiting anxiously for help to come. My friend Sharon was fast asleep in her tent, completey still. I checked for the tenth time in the last five minutes the injury of her wrist. The bite of the snake was scarlet red and the wound was alarmingly bright. "Why aren't they here yet?" I wondered.

The nightmare started that midday. Sharon was gathering some wood while I was looking at some notes our mates took the day before about the local flora. Suddently, I heard Sharon screaming and I started running towards her. When I found her, she was white as a corpse and her eyes were wide open. I didin't need to asked her what had happened; the snake bite caught my eye inmediatly. I took her back to the campsite. We didn't know whether the animal was poisonous or not, so, as not to take any risk, I washed her wound the best I could and suck the possible poison out of it. Then I took my walkie talkie and called for aid.

When I thought it was over for Sharon, I heard the voices of my mates. Together, we brought her to a boat that would bring her back to civilization in less than to two hours. I was sure it was not going to work, that in was too late but, fortunately, the poison of the snake wasn't lethal. Sharon was safe and sound when we got through our work.

Awesome!

0 comments: